Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki DF90 Pulling Power Unit to accsess Enigine holder

Hey.

So i need to pull my powerunit on my Suzuki DF90 2005 outboard. To accsess the enigne holder and Oilpan. Ive been looking at the workshop manual and im just wondering if i have to remove everything that it says i have to? some of the things i just dont understand why i need to remove before pulling the unit from the holder. Have anyone done this and know what steps i can skip in the Workshopmanual?

WOrkshop manual wants me to remove the following before pulling the unit from the holder:
    - Intake Manifold.
    - Fuel Pump
    - All sparkplugs.
    - Cylinder head cover.
    - Starter motor.
    - Flywheel
    - Battery Chargecoil
    - CKP sensor
    - Cylinder temp sensor.
    - CMP sensor.
    - Remove both Coils
    - Rectifier and Regulator.

Do you really have to remove everything to just pull the unit?

Regards
    Jørgen

For at least some things it's strange to remove them while you just want to remove the ph. Flywheel etc seems really strange.
    Regards, Martin
    DF200 2007

Comment

Anyone done this before? ALso wondering why i need take off the cylinderhead cover..

Comment

Not sure if you have done this already, but all it really needs is the throttle and shift linkage undone, wiring and tubing that connects anything from the powerhead to the rest of the engine, and the valve cover.
        Finished a df90 rebuild and mounted the powerhead today. Powerhead was mounted complete, minus the valve cover.

Comment

Working...
        X