Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 DF250 Rough Idle, diag help needed

Hello everyone,

I am having some issues with rough idle and could use some advice. 2007 DF250 with about 900 hours. Full 100 hour service with new water separator completed 50 hours ago. 4 trips ago I was stalling at idle and throwing a 3-1 code. Replaced IAC valve and all was fine. Ran flawlessly for another 30 hours. Did an offshore tuna trip and ran about 100 miles round trip. Banger of a trip on bluefin! When offshore the motor stumbled once while trolling, but then ran fine the rest of the day. We trolled a bunch and ran back in 45 miles at about 5k rpm. Motor was purring. We get through the inlet, boat is still running very well. Drop the rpm in the no wake and its running rough. Motor is visibly shaking in idle out of gear.

Get her tied up and cant find the issue. This weekend we go down to do some diag. Starts right up, no codes, but still running very rough at idle. First I pull the IAC again and notice no o-ring. OK, run to Autozone and get an o-ring. Button her up and shes still running rough at low RPM. Runs fine at higher RPM. Glad I caught the o-ring, but not the issue. Next I run the motor and start pulling leads off the coils. Top starboard cylinder I notice the motor runs noticeably better with the coil unplugged. The rest of the coils made the motor run worse when unplugged. I swap the coil and plug to a different cylinder and the issue does not follow. At this point I am thinking clogged injector/ injector stuck open. What do you guys think? Do I need to pull my boat to pull the injectors? It looks like the intake is blocking access. Anything else to check? I have the Suzuki diag cable if that can help. Worst part is I live 1hr from my slip.

Thanks for taking the time to read this,

Chris

Looks like a fuel issue indeed. Could indeed be a somewhat clogged injector. Swap the injector over with another one to be sure? Or just clean it ultrasonic and test to see the spray pattern.
    Regards, Martin
    DF200 2007

Comment

I ran down today and hooked up sds. I was wrong, it was Cylinder 4 was misfiring. Pulled the plug (wet) started it and water was shooting out of the cylinder. Water started getting into the oil too. Looks like a head gasket failure of cylinder 4 at about 900 hours. Ugh. From what I understand you need to pull the power head to change the gasket. Unless I am missing something it looks like a rebuilt power head or new/used motor is going to be the best option. What do you guys think?

Comment

900 hours is not that much. You could see what the costs are to refresh this motor and if that is the right way to go.
        Regards, Martin
        DF200 2007

Comment

That's what I am leaning towards at the moment

Comment

Working...
          X