SMG4 gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMG4 gauge

Is it possible to lengthen the smis to sds adapter cable and run that to the new Suzuki SMG4 gauge? I am finally repowering my Triton. My 250ss should be installed Wednesday. Due to my dash shape I am having to use analog gauges. I think the fuel readings and reset might be easier on the new gauge vs my Lowrance HDS.

I do not believe that the SMG4 and analogue gauges can be run together, so that rules that option out. To my knowledge, nobody has even tried to do that, but I asked my Suzuki mechanic friend who is highly experienced with the SMG4’s since 2015 when they were introduced here in Australia, and he thinks not.

As far as fuel data goes, I can assure you that the Lowrance HDS will do the fuel readings and resets and everything else perfectly well. I use my HdS Gen3 for that all the time, its easy as pie.

With analogue gauges and engine data to the Lowrance via NMEA2000 network, you will need the SIMS TO SMIS adapter cable connected to the SDS plug in the engine. And yes, I highly recommend cutting that cable and extending its length to reach your console. Solder and heat shrink the join. No special cable/wire is required. Doing this allows you to keep all the network T’s and the engine interface cable up there where its cool, clean and most importantly, dry.

Once set up you can have any available engine data or fuel data Items set up as data overlay on your HDS screens. Thats how I have mine set up.

Comment

Working...
    X