Suzuki mfd7 and c10 issue on new install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki mfd7 and c10 issue on new install

Hello all. New to the forum. I just recently re-powered my 26 foot power cat with twin 175 Suzuki outboard‘s. Originally I was going with two C10 gauges but dealer recommended the new MFD7 inch display and told me that it would do everything the C10 can do and plus more, so I went with it. Engine information and options is my only concern from this unit as I already have another multifunction display for all my other electronics. After all repower was all said and done, and starting to use the boat and unit, I was very disappointed to see how limited the multifunction display was for engine data. First,There is only one main page and I haven’t been able to find any option to create and customize a new page to my liking for engine data. Second, it does not allow me to reset one data option individually at a time, third and the most important is I have zero fuel gauge reading available. It does show miles per gallon burn, and gallons per hour information but my fuel level bar is blank. Also there is no engine temperature gage whatsoever that I have found in the unit. These things are so basic to me that I am shocked a brand new unit like this is so limited. My 10 year old multifunction display is way more customizable. I advised the dealer that gas gauge was blank and no info on how much gas left in tank and such. They told me that this is a brand new unit and still has a lot of bugs in it and that they are working on updates from Suzuki to solve these issues. So basically I am out of luck and was sold something that is not nearly what I expected. Just fyi I am referring to the gas gauge that is calculated by the ECU for fuel consumption and not gas gauge from sensor on tank(I do know the differences and how they operate). They then advised me that if I need to get gas bar information that I would need to add a C10 so it could get the reading from the C10. I was not happy as I already had spent a lot of money, not to mention had All the cuts made on a new dash. Anyway I decided to get the C10 From them as fuel information is very important for me, and got a new dash and recut it to fit everything myself. After all install was made and programmed by them, I went on my recent trip and covered 100 miles. Again even on the C10 the fuel gauge is blank and fuel used is blank. I tried everything on C10 from adding fuel as full, adding as partial, and even reset C10 and recalibrated it myself, still nothing showing. I have never been this frustrated on boat work before. I am going to take the boat back to them but because this whole thing is difficult to go back-and-forth. I figured I’d ask some professionals out there who could weigh in on some of these issues. Another thing they told me which I don’t believe is correct is to be able to get the fuel consumption from Portside motor separately from starboard side motor on a given trip that I would need two C10 to be able to do so. I know that that is incorrect as my friend has two motors with one C10 and can get data of fuel consumption from both portside and Starboard motor separately (as well as combined) on any given trip. Anyway my main concern is to get a fuel gauge bar that shows me when my tanks are full and how much left in my tank, and so far this basic thing has not been resolved. Any advice out there would be greatly appreciated. thank you very much in advance.
    Richard.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Seaholic; 06-22-2020, 01:23 AM.

I highlighted the data that im talking about.
    Attached Files

Comment

Sounds like they didn't connect the TANK 1 lead from the harness to the pink and black wire from the tank sender. You also have to tell the MFG7 to display the fuel info. I have the MFG4 and it shows a vertical bar graph for the fuel level.

Comment

Working...
      X