How to reset fuel to zero?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to reset fuel to zero?

The person who installed our new 300 accidentally told our gauge it was "full." In reality there are about 25 gallons in there. Is there a simple way to drop my tank to "empty" and then tell the gauge we added the 25 gallons?

No there is not. No way to do it.

Regardless of whether you have the new gauge system with the SMG4 digital gauge (rounded corners) or, the Interface based system with the sharp square cornered C-10 digital gauge, both systems when first set up, default to a full tank. That is just the way it is.

Furthermore, the SMG4 gauge only has one option when you refuel, and that is to reset fuel used to zero.

You didn't say which Gauge System you have?? With the C-10 interface based system I have some advice for you regarding checking fuel data accuracy that you will find useful, so let me know if that is the system you have and I will pass the info on.

Anyway the simplest solution is just to actually fill the tank up.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I have the C-10.

Comment

Ok, then I highly recommend that you do the following process, particularly if in future your habit is to only add some fuel after trips and not fill to full. If you dont do this process, you risk eventually running out of fuel if the system is under reporting your actual fuel use.

This is the process to verify the accuracy or your Suzuki fuel data. It is only used for fine tuning when actual vs predicted is within about 10%. Variations greater than about 10% indicate another issue and its very unlikely that this calibration process will fix such issues.
        1. Fill the tank to full at regular gas station and remember which pump you use. Reset fuel to full.
        2. Go fishing and burn at least 1/3 tank, the more the better.
        3. On the way home from the fishing trip, Go back to the same gas station and same pump if possible and fill up, try to fill to the same fullness as last time. Do not delay and leave it for weeks because evaporation from a partially filled tank can be considerable - experts say up to 5% per week in some conditions! Then compare the actual fuel used to what the Suzuki system says. If its more that 2% different, you should calibrate. To do this:
        4. Turn the engine key to on where it beeps. Go into the fuel menu and select refuel. Then select set to full, and then hit enter and then select the option to calibrate. Select the engine to calibrate. Then when prompted, input the actual amount it took at the pump to fill up, and complete the process. It will pop up a notification that the K factor is changing to a new value. This K value is the calibration factor. Accept and finish.
        5. You will probably have to complete this process 3 or 4 times to get within 1-2% accuracy. Once you get that close, leave it alone because variations then are more likely to be due to filling the boat at different gas stations where the angle of boat/trailer affect how much fuel goes into the tank, or inaccuracies in the pumps.

Comment

Working...
        X