Wiring 1999 df 70 tach & hour meter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring 1999 df 70 tach & hour meter

Im wiring my 1999 DF70 Tach and Hour meter I would like to switch the light red/green wire feeding the gauge light my bow light switch which is a 12V circuit and is this ok to do? The wiring diagram shows a grey wire from ecu to a console switch (which I do not have and prefer not to add connected to the red/green stripe wire. Im not sure if grey wire is v positive energized when motor is running. Need some advice.
    Last edited by saa844; 12-03-2016, 06:06 PM.

Not quite following what you're asking. Maybe some more punctuation or explain in a different way? You just want to wire the gauge light differently?
    Mike
    μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

THE SUZUKI WIRING DIAGRAM SHOWS GREY WIRE CONNECTED TO RED/GREEN WIRE {RETURNING POWER FROM ECU} TO A SWITCH {WHICH CURRENTLY DOESN'T EXIST ON MY CONSOLE} IT APPEARS TO POWER THE LAMPS ON THE GAUGES. I WOULD ONLY NEED THE GAUGES ILLUMINATED AT NIGHT SO CAN I TAKE A POWER FEED OFF THE BOW OR ANCHOR LIGHT SWITCH TO FEED THE GAUGE LIGHT RED/GREEN WIRE TO ILLUMINATE GAUGE LAMPS? i COULDN'T TELL FROM THE WIRING DIAGRAM IF THE RED/GREEN WIRE HAD A 12V POSITIVE OUTPUT AND IF THIS WOULD BE A OK WAY TO SWITCH THE GAUGE LAMPS OFF THE BOW LIGHT SWITCH?.

Comment

In my boat the all the lights for various gauges are all powered off the NAV light switch
        The switch most likely has an anchor side and a NAV side- use the NAV side
        Art

Comment

In my experience; The Gray and Red /Green wires are ignition on power sources.

If you don't want to have your gauge lights on when the ignition is on; you can connect it to your Nav power wire so the gauge lights will only come on with your nav lights.
          Last edited by Nayna32; 12-04-2016, 01:17 PM.
          Henry

Comment

Working...
          X