Need DF175 tilt/trim help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need DF175 tilt/trim help

PTT just randomly quit, and is stuck all the way down. Both up and down relays click and there’s no fuse blown (that I know of at least). While I hold the tilt switch ‘up’ and press the limit switch I can hear a relay pick up, with me holding the switch ‘down’ and press the limit switch I do not hear a relay pick up. Any ideas? Hoping it’s just a bad limit switch, and I’ll just jumper it out.
    thanks in advance
    Last edited by Mannyl112; 06-28-2020, 09:57 PM.

Update: with the limit switch unplugged, and go ‘down’ on the tilt, I can still hear a relay clicking. Now if I try to go ‘up’ there isn’t any clicking from a relay??

Comment

Check the circuits with a volt meter to check for any open circuits or shorts.

Comment

I had same problem with my Df140A(1200 hours) about 1 month ago...in my case was motor brush(carbon),about 10-15 dollars and i replaced myself.
        Also in my case can hear relay click...but ptt no work...

I can suggest you this:
        Release the "Manual relase screw" so you can tilt motor full up manually...secure the engine with the engine tilt lock,
        Tight the "Manual relase screw" and take out the engine tilt lock...(dont tight too much "Manual relase screw")
        Now...Try to gently knock trim/tilt motor cover with a screwdriver s back...you need to knock the lower part of motor plastic cover...
        now you should be able to trim/tilt up and down...if this work you need to replace motor brush(carbon) as soon as possible.
        You can go on knocking trim/tilt motor cover with a screwdriver s back every time motor doesnt work if you no have time to replace carbon,but you have to plan to replace into 1-2 weeks.

Comment

...cancel cause double post

Comment

Working...
          X