DF300 -08 replacing serial gauges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF300 -08 replacing serial gauges

Allright, my serial gauges are all fogged up, and now it's time to replace them with C10 gauges.

- I have a NMEA2000 backbone
    - I have an Engine interface: 990C0-88149
    - I have an DF300 single engine adapter: 990C0-88131

Now comes the interesing part that I have tried to find out on the internet with no success for the last months.

The DF300 single engine adapter have a contact that matches the contact on the hub, and instructions I have found talks about switching to "digital data output under cowling", that I interpret as reconnecting something under the engine cowling to send digital data instead of analog. But I can't for the world find out how and where to do this.

Also, looking at schematics between 2008 and newer setups, the entire hub-assembly is simply not used on newer models. Can anyone here shead some lights on this?
    Last edited by ziggekatten; 12-11-2016, 08:09 AM.

Before you go any further, my understanding is that the C10's will not work with engines earlier than 2013. SSE what it says in the description here in that regard:

http://www.brownspoint.com/store/pc/...y-35p70344.htm

I suggest you contact International Marine or Brownspoint Suzuki to see if they have had any success with connecting them to a 2008 year engine - I have not seen any reports suggesting it will work.

Also, regarding the Suzuki network, suggest you read the "sticky" at the top o fthe forum regarding how these networks work and how to set them up. It will answer your other questions.
    Last edited by Moonlighter; 12-11-2016, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlighter View Post
      Before you go any further, my understanding is that the C10's will not work with engines earlier than 2013. SSE what it says in the description here in that regard:

Suzuki C-10 Color Multi-Function Display 990C0-00C10

I suggest you contact International Marine or Brownspoint Suzuki to see if they have had any success with connecting them to a 2008 year engine - I have not seen any reports suggesting it will work.

Also, regarding the Suzuki network, suggest you read the "sticky" at the top o fthe forum regarding how these networks work and how to set them up. It will answer your other questions.
      Well, I have seen C10's on 2007 and 2010, so it seems to work. I have one SMIS Gauge to test with as well.

As for the sticky note, it does not cover the DF300, and what's needed under the cowling, or how to connect the adapter cable. The adapter cable have an connector that only fits on the active hub at the helm, but there is no documentation anywhere that states that it SHOULD be connected to that hub, or for that matter, there is no documentation to tell where to connect at all. Since serial gauges no longer are available, there have to be some kind of procedure to swap to SMIS(or C10 for that matter since it's all NMEA2000)

The NMEA200 backbone are in place, engine interface and adapter cable as well, only need the final clue, where to connect and what to do under the cowling
      Last edited by ziggekatten; 12-12-2016, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X