DF115 Suzuki Four trims down but not up consistently

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF115 Suzuki Four trims down but not up consistently

Hello. I have a 2002 DF115 Suzuki Four on a Triumph Bay190 that has developed an issue with the motor trim. I have read another thread on this forum that is related to this, but I don’t think it is the same issue that I have. The motor will trim down with no problems at all from the switch on the throttle and the switch on the motor. The motor will not consistently trim up from either one of the switches. When the motor up trim does function, it will run all the way to the top with no issues. When I push either of the trim up buttons,( throttle or motor) The solenoid clicks loudly but the tilt motor does not always come on. I have found that if I hit the trim down and quickly hit the trim up then it will engage and raise the motor. This motor does not have a high tilt limit switch. It does have a switch that appears to have something to do with the motor being down, I have attached a picture of this switch. I would appreciate any insight anyone might have before I spend the money to replace the solenoid without knowing if it is actually the problem or not. Would switching the light blue wire and pink wire that go to the two trim solenoids verify that the current “up” solenoid is the issue?
    Attached Files
Working...
X