Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki 2008 Interface Cable Problem

Hey guys.
    After much research on the internet i'm left with no option but to ask the experts you guys :P

I have a Twin Rig Kevlacat 2400 with Twin 2008 140 Suzukis Im running Simrad and the interface cables are SMIS Engine Interface Cable 2008-2012
    MPN: 990C0-88149-294

Everything works well. my fuel flow and all the rest.

The only issue i have and its driving me crazy is. My trim fluctuate randomly while Im underway.

has anyone experienced such a problem and have a fix for it?

thank you so much

It's not likely to be a problem with the interface. It is normal for the reading to move somewhat while underway, as much as 5-6% or more due to flex and a built-in sloppiness in the way the sensor works. Fluctuations are greater in rougher water. The motor is on a suspension system of sorts and does move quite a bit, just as the body of a car is suspended on springs. How big a fluctuation are you experiencing?
    Last edited by Harper; 07-05-2020, 08:22 AM.
    Mike
    μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

thank you for the response..

they can be anywhere from 20 to 50% they can even be after moving along then stopping.

i use to have analog gauges and never had a issue

one engine is worse then the other

thankyou

Comment

Well, that's a pretty large fluctuation, all right. I've never had that problem with my '07 model DF150 and interface, but I would start by checking the interface connector that goes to the trim sensor wiring. Wiggle that some and see if it causes the readout to fluctuate.
        Mike
        μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Working...
        X