help troubleshooting gas gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help troubleshooting gas gauge

I have a 2010 DF90A with a analog Suzuki fuel gauge. It has never worked (just bought the boat from my father 2 months ago) according to my father. I finally got around to looking at it last Saturday. The sending unit is reading around 200 ohms at empty and close to 30 ohms at full. I am guessing this is correct. My issue is the wires off the fuel gauge and what and where they go to. I am having to move some stuff out of the way so I can really access the back of the gauge, I am just wanting to know what to check when I get there??

https://sp.yimg.com/ib/th?id=OIP.M9a...66eH0&pid=15.1

If this link works the site has a diagram of fuel guage wiring
    Basically Off the positive side of the battery - wiring goes through the ignition switch so off the positive side of the 'on' wiring goes to back of the fuel gauge
    Depending on fuel gauge re the wiring to the light you may have one lead in that internally splits or one to the light and one to power the gauge
    The other terminal - sender wire comes off the positive side of the fuel tank sender unit to the fuel gauge
    The other side of the sender gauge goes to ground
    And again depending on the fuel gauge it may have need of a ground wire to the guage itself
    Good luck
    Art

Comment

Here's a copy of the installation instructions, with troubleshooting.
      Attached Files
      Henry

Comment

Working...
      X