DF6A shaking at idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF6A shaking at idle

I just purchase a DF6A for my 8.5 ft soft bottom dinghy. I used the motor this weekend, ran through a few hours of the break-in and it general it seems like it runs nicely. It's quite an upgrade from my DF2.5 which I have used for the past several seasons. One thing that I noticed was that at idle speed or just above, it seems to shake back and forth more than I expected. At higher rpms, it smooths out and runs as expected. This occurs whether in gear or neutral. I compared it to a couple of friend's 6 hp four stroke motors (other brands) and they seemed to idle much smoother. If this is expected behavior from this motor, then it's fine with me, I can live with that. But my question to other owners of this motor is, is this the way that it's supposed to run?

Thanks in advance!

you need to start with the basics,and that's fuel? how old, if its good, clean etc. Recently i spoke to a guy who worked for a fuel distributor and i was shocked to here what the crap they get up to when blending fuel . Try a separate tank with fresh fuel from different supplier

Comment

Originally posted by catacom225 View Post
      you need to start with the basics,and that's fuel? how old, if its good, clean etc. Recently i spoke to a guy who worked for a fuel distributor and i was shocked to here what the crap they get up to when blending fuel . Try a separate tank with fresh fuel from different supplier
      Fuel is ethanol free, 92 octane, and fresh.

Comment

Is idle too slow maybe?
        Regards, Martin
        DF200 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Hoosmatroos View Post
          Is idle too slow maybe?
          I suppose that's a possibility as I haven't put a tach on it. But still shaky at a little bit higher rpm as well, again not sure of what the idle speed actually is.

Comment

Working...
          X