Suzuki 225 outboard stalls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki 225 outboard stalls

I have a 2013 Suzuki 225 4 stroke outboard. For several months now, my outboard starts perfectly and will run for 15 to 20 minutes, then begins to stall. It will start, stall, start, stall, then becomes a little hard to start. After about 10 minutes of this starting and stalling, it will run perfectly the rest of the day. I had it to two Suzuki mechanics to work on it and it is still not running right. Any ideas?????????????????????? John

I would look into the IAC valve, might need cleaning or replacing, Google it.

Comment

It's a little more difficult to try to analyze this one without a bit more info
      If two mechanics that have had their hands on it haven't discovered the problem it's even harder from out here
      Now having said that maybe a detailed list of just exactly what your two mechanics have checked so far would help
      Did this problem replicate itself while the mechanics were working on it?
      If so I would think if this were a electronic issue their computer should have found a problem, i.e. The ECM not sending a good signal out
      It kind of sounds like it could be a fuel related issue
      How old is the fuel Water/fuel filter been changed? Cleaned the inline filter and the filter the high pressure fuel pump Fuel float working properly?
      Give us some more information to work with
      Art

Comment

I have a similar situation with my 2012 DF200. Starts just fine and all is O.K. until it just cuts out at full planing revs after say, 15 to 20 minutes. With this model, there is an electrical connection at the bottom of the low pressure fuel filter bowl which i thought was a sender for high water accumulation in the filter. I discontinued this connection, but the problem was not remedied. I then cleaned out all the fuellines and systems, still no go. The fault has to be electrical because the motor just cuts out as if the ignition was turned off all of a sudden. It restarts, and keeping at low speeds, i am able to complete the journey. This has happened a lot lately. I might change the white battery positive wire, but i will be doing all these on a trial and error basis, having no facilities for diagnostics and repairs on the island. There is 900 hours on the clock. Any infos and helps will be very much appreciated.

Comment

I had a similar concern with a merc 225 efi...ran like a top but after extended running would quit...restarted ok then would quit progressively sooner after every restart when running at speed....

diagnostics found a loss of fuel pressure at the stall but it would come back up just after the stall...found a wire broken inside the insulation at the fuel pump....just enough contact to run but after a decent amount of time would lose the battle...

found it by tuggng on wires and finding the weak spot...it was very elusive and required several trips on the water with a meter and psi gauge hooked up to isolate the problem because the pressure came back up so fast...what irritated the problem was a high pressure pump on its way out also....found that with an oscilloscope showing a rough pattern..the wire was the fault though...

Comment

Hello there Bladenbullet. Very very interesting and a big THANKYOU for sharing. I will be checking wires and connections on Tuesday when i pull the boat out. Could you please say which fuel pump it was?

Comment

it was a merc 225 efi....the ground wire from the fuel ecu to the pump was broken right at the terminal that connected to the pump...I still have it hanging on the bulletin board in my classroom as an example when I teach automotive electrical to students...

Comment

Working...
              X