Muffs that will work to flush Suzuki outboards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muffs that will work to flush Suzuki outboards

Every now and then, people complain about not being able to get enough water pressure to get the muffs supplying sufficient water pressure to get a good "pee stream" and not have the motors overheat on the muffs.

For a long time I've used the rectangular dual feed ones and they seem to work fine with my DF115.

But a while ago we got a DF40A on our tinny, and those muffs simply won't work. Even squeezing them on by hand only gave a weak pee stream.

I talked to my mate Jon who is the local Suzuki dealer - he said, just buy the small round muffs, like we used to use on the old OMC motors.

His words

"we use the small round ones here at the dealership on every horsepower Suzuki engine and they work perfectly. Get rid of the rectangular, oval ones etc and just use them!!"

I was reminded of this yesterday, when I flushed the DF40A using the oval set of muffs. Damn! Bad piss stream, soon got. Atemp alarm and turned it off.

Went to the local Boating store and got a set of the small round ones. $8.99

These:Outboard Flusher - Round, Rubber - BCF Australia

A bit skeptical that they could work so much better, but I connected them up, and fired up the 40A.

Well almost instantly a good stream of water, that then quickly developed into the strongest stream I've ever seen!

So I am sold on these and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to you all. They are nothing special in appearance, but they do the job!

Muffs

Sold, next time I'm at BCF I will throw one one in the cart

Comment

thanks for this moonlighter

Comment

Working...
      X