Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 ....DF 150 4 stroke oil leak and other issue

Good morning all

She's been running great since April and took her out last night. As I pulled away from marina (idle speed), after about 1 minute of running fine, the engine sounded different and she stalled. Started right back up, ran about 3 secs and stalled. Pumped bulb (already hard) and she started right up and ran 1 sec...repeated 2-3x more. Now she cranks fine and almost starts

Noticed oil in the transom area (see pic) and it's a slow drip (when trimmed up) from the area circled in the picture. Pulled the cover and nothing obviously wrong with the engine externals.

Thanks is advance for any thoughts/recommendations. Could it be two unrelated problems (oil leak and gas issue?)

Tom (aka Scurvy Dog) IMG_8671 (1).JPG

So I tried one more thing. I replaced part of the fuel line (post low pressure fuel pump) with clear tubing to see if the fuel was picking up any oil from the fuel pump. As you can see in the pic, the fuel is clear after the LP pump. I cranked it to get the fuel moving and it actually started. I turned it off after 2-3 secs. I then drained the VST and the fuel came out dark as before. What could possibly be doing this ????

Thanks start.jpg

Comment

Working...
    X