Suzuki SMIS Engine Interface Cable (V3.5) failure issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki SMIS Engine Interface Cable (V3.5) failure issue

I repowered my boat in July 2017 with SUZUKI DF200AP with C-10 display. I had issues Sept. 2018 with it not displaying any info. Also freaking out sending a zillion codes and putting the motor in protection mode. I'd turn it off then back on it stopped sending the code and going into protection. I took it out a few times that fall it never displayed info. A couple times it'd freak out. It's seemed to be when running at higher rpms. I took it to the dealer Spring off 2018. They knew it was the interface cable both V3.5) and swapped it out in the parking lot. 140.00 and I was on my way. About 2 month ago it started acting up not displaying the motor tilt. Then a month ago I lost all info again and hasn't came since. I got a MNEA cable and hooked up my Lowrance HDS g 3 yesterday. It shows engine hours but that's it... Any clues? Is there a way to reset the interface? I love the motor way quieter and more fuel efficient that the ETEC it replaced....

It can be hard to figure out this kind of issue.

But anyway, the first thing to do whenever data that should be there is missing is to reset network data sources., It's very easy to do and only has to be done on one of the displays on the network - the C-10 or the HDS. Very similar procedure on each of them:

Turn all diplays and other devices on the network on, including the engine key to on where it beeps.

On the C-10 this is how:
    Menu/system/network/sources. Then at the top left select Auto Select. It will pop up a warning to tell you to make sure ALL DEVICES attached to the N2K network are turned on before proceeding. Including engine key turned on. So do that. Then proceed to do the auto select. Done. Engine data and gauges will all be connected to correct sources and operating. Easy!

On lowrance HDS its very similar: menu/settings/network then select Auto Configure. Same warning as Simrad pops up. Turn everything on. Then Proceed. Done.

Auto select or auto configure data sources, which are the same thing by different names, should be done (best practice) whenever a new device is attached to or existing device taken off a network even if its the same make/model.

It is safe to do as a problem solving tool, no downsides, wont mess anything up.

Comment

Thank you Moonlighter. I got everything with the exception of the trim meter. It's still not working.
      Last edited by last_drop; 07-17-2020, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X