Buy Suzuki Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Multifunction gauge and 2009 Suzuki DF150-are they compatible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multifunction gauge and 2009 Suzuki DF150-are they compatible?

Hi I have a 2009 Suzuki DF150 K9 and want to have accurate fuel data on the dashboard.
    IS the Suzuki multifunction gauge suitable, and if it is what cable do I need?
    Im also toying with fitting a new plotter/sounder and have the engine data on there, but the research I have done seems to show this can be very hard to achieve-different cables, software etc.
    Can anybody help me?
    Thanks

There are two different kinds of Suzuki multifunction gauges available.

The Suzuki SMG4 gauge is the one recently released in the USA but we in the Rest Of The World (hah!) have had it since 2015. Suzuki says its compatible with engines from 2015 onwards. I havent heard if anyone has tried it with earlier engines.

The other option is the C-10 gauge thats been available in the USA for quite some time, and is not sold in other countries.

There is a sticky thread about Suzuki NMEA2000 networks that explains how this gauge works and what parts are required. Please read the sticky thread and the documents attached to it, and then if you need clarification, please come back and ask. As yours is a 2009 engine there are new interface cables available to suit.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlighter View Post
      There are two different kinds of Suzuki multifunction gauges available.

The Suzuki SMG4 gauge is the one recently released in the USA but we in the Rest Of The World (hah!) have had it since 2015. Suzuki says its compatible with engines from 2015 onwards. I havent heard if anyone has tried it with earlier engines.

The other option is the C-10 gauge thats been available in the USA for quite some time, and is not sold in other countries.

There is a sticky thread about Suzuki NMEA2000 networks that explains how this gauge works and what parts are required. Please read the sticky thread and the documents attached to it, and then if you need clarification, please come back and ask. As yours is a 2009 engine there are new interface cables available to suit.
      Thanks- have read your sticky-loads of good info-thanks! You say as mine is a 2009 there are new interface cables to suit, but there seems to be different versions- sorry for the ignorance, but which to go for?
      Last edited by Scarab; 07-19-2020, 10:24 AM. Reason: spelling!

Comment

Originally posted by Scarab View Post
        Hi I have a 2009 Suzuki DF150 K9 and want to have accurate fuel data on the dashboard.
        IS the Suzuki multifunction gauge suitable, and if it is what cable do I need?
        Im also toying with fitting a new plotter/sounder and have the engine data on there, but the research I have done seems to show this can be very hard to achieve-different cables, software etc.
        Can anybody help me?
        Thanks
        my 2008 model year twin df175'z came with "SMIS 4" Displays and give accurate fuel data all the time if input is entered correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarab View Post

Thanks- have read your sticky-loads of good info-thanks! You say as mine is a 2009 there are new interface cables to suit, but there seems to be different versions- sorry for the ignorance, but which to go for?
          Suzuki says that the interface cable running version 2.9.4 works with engines from 2008-2102. People report that this is true.

This is the cable part number required for your engine
          https://www.brownspoint.com/store/pc...9-38p71396.htm

Comment

Ok- Ive got the interface cable on order, and have decided to go with a multifunction gauge as there will already be a hole in the dash when I remove the speedo as I don't use it.
            Once the boat is out of the water over the winter, I will probably update my old Garmin 555 plotter and put a Lowrance combi unit in.
            I can get hold of a Simrad IS-35 and have also found a C-10 gauge in the States that I can get sent over to the UK.
            Not loads of info available on the C-10, does it get fuel info from the engine as well?
            What do people think would be the better option?
            Thanks again

Comment

The C-10 is simply a customised version of the Simrad IS-35.

Its a better choice than the IS35 because its programmed to show the Suzuki fault codes and service reminders. So its really a IS35 ++.

It will show ALL the information that is output from the engine via the interface. This includes:

RPM, alternator voltage, engine temperature, engine hours, trim, fuel flow rate, fuel used, seasonal fuel used, trip fuel used.

Once you set up the NMEA2000 network that is required and add the Lowrance combo unit to the network (must be a Elite Ti model or HDS) then the C10 will show additional info such as fuel economy, speed over ground. It will also share all the above mentioned info with the Lowrance.

Comment

Once again Moonlighter Thanks! Great info!!

Comment

Right-one more question-that's it I promise!
                  I have downloaded the C-10 setup/installation pdf- nowhere in it does it say I can change fuel measurement from Gallons! I really want fuel info in litres, but it looks like that's not available.
                  Does anybody know if they can be changed to show litres like the IS35 does?
                  If not, then it looks like the IS35 will be the way to go.
                  Thanks again!

Comment

I am sure it will do litres. I cannot see why they would change that functionality when they added the Suzuki features.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlighter View Post
                      I am sure it will do litres. I cannot see why they would change that functionality when they added the Suzuki features.
                      I will look into it further-as the gauge is only officially available in the States, probably no need for litres!

Comment

Working...
                      X