Buy Suzuki Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slow, repeated beep in neutral, idle DF50, no engine light?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow, repeated beep in neutral, idle DF50, no engine light?

Can someone give advice? After replacing fuel filters, fuel pumps, gas lines, and fuel/water seperator and finding a plugged segment of gas line, the engine seems to start and run out OK. In the process we also changed sparkplugs and injectors.

Whenever we drop it in neutral and idle it seems to want to swing up and down more than it did in the past and then after about 30-45 sec of idle the console beeper starts beeping. A single beep about every 3 seconds on an even regular pattern. The red check engine light does NOT come on at all. This will not happen with motor off and key on, it has to be running in neutral gear only. I can idle in forward and it won't beep. I can give a little rpms in neutral and the beeping stops. I have no other lights on.

The voltage shows around 14 volts with engine running. What other warning would sound repeatedly at idle in neutral only?

Is there a low oil pressure beep? Oil is full on dipstick and the oil pressure sensor is about a year old and no red light on the dash.

It is concerning to hear that thing beep with no way to chase a diagnostic code. When the beep happens the idle does seem to drop a bit and then come back up again. I've tried turning the idle screw slightly to keep the rpms a bit higher at idle but that isn't wise to not be able to lower rpms fully before shifting into gear.

Is there a water cooling or circulation system warning? The water pump impeller, plate and gasket are new and I tore it back apart twice to be sure everything was installed and working properly there too.

Any help would be appreciated!

I noticed it is going through gas faster than before. Could too much gas being sent in at low rpms? A little smoke seen using warm up lever. With EFI what would cause a rich fuel mix condition?

Comment

Working...
    X