Buy Suzuki Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2011 DF 140 - four or five round anodes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 DF 140 - four or five round anodes?

I bought a boat with a 2011/2012 DF 140 a couple of weeks ago, and I replaced the anodes before I set it out. The boat will be all year round in saltwater, so I need all anodes to work. I have done the long one on the mount. Then I found four on the port side of the the engine, two on the heads and two on what I assume is the rectifier, se the pics. I have marked the ones I reeplaced with a white ring. But the fifth one was impossible to find, even after watching several YouTube videos and going over the engine with a fine tooth comb. There is no bolt hole in the mount for a second anode in the middle of the crossbar, and I found nothing on the other side of the engine. Can somebody please tell me if the shop gave me an anode too many, or if I'm just bad at looking for it? The only possible suggestion I could see is the lid marked with a red ring, but that's totally different from the anode lids.

DF 140 anoder (2).jpg

And the other side of the engine:

DF 140 anoder (1).jpg
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Mastiff; 07-26-2020, 09:42 AM.
    Mastif in Norway, with a 2011 MS Boats S6900, 2011/2012 Suzuki DF 140

The lid marked with a red ring is Water Pressure Regulator.
    this engine seems to have 4 anodes...my DF140A have 5 anodes.
    They are all in the same spot as your picture..3 anodes in cilinder head..and 2 on the left near ECU.

Comment

Great, thank you very much! Then I won't have to worry about an anode somewhere disappearing and the engine corroding because of it.

Comment

Best thing is check engine manual..to be 100% sure...
        About your picture:The lid marked with a red ring is Water Pressure Regulator...i can see have salt deposit nearby...look like water come out little bit from Water Pressure Regulator ...you can change oring inside and clean it.

Comment

You got them, all 4 of them. There is one bar type anode on the boat transom. Easy to see as there are SS wires attaching it to the engine. You already replaced the one on the lower unit. Only thing I'd make sure is they are made of zinc

Comment

Thanks! I have done the bar anode on the motor mount, but I have to check that transom, I didn't see anything there, only the hull anode below and to the left of the engine. That hasn't been connected to the engine. And I use original anodes, so they should be zinc. I don't think they sell anything but zinc anodes in Norway (or Northern Europe, for that part).

Comment

Best thing is check engine manual..to be 100% sure...
              About your picture:The lid marked with a red ring is Water Pressure Regulator...i can see have salt deposit nearby...look like water come out little bit from Water Pressure Regulator ...you can change oring inside and clean it.

Comment

Kagira, thanks! So that's just removing the lid and replacing the ring? I don't risk something popping out from that when I open it that needs professionals to fix?

Comment

Removing the water pressure cap may or may not be simple. When they leak the sealing surfaces corrode making removal tough. I found the easiest way to remove them without marrring the surrounding surfaces is to drill and tap the the cap, and use a puller. Replacement cap, ring, and pressure valve are all available...it's an easy fix.

Comment

Originally posted by Mastiff View Post
                    Kagira, thanks! So that's just removing the lid and replacing the ring? I don't risk something popping out from that when I open it that needs professionals to fix?
                    In my case,after 1200 hour engine,I easily remove the lid,and clean water pressure regulator(look like a small thermostat).

You need only to pay attention to mach the joint between lid and regulator when you reassemble.
                    If is hard to take out, can gently hummer the lid to make it turn left and right.

Comment

Good job...glad you did it without having to drill and tap.

Comment

This my first outboard engine,have 5 years and 1230 hours.
                        When i winterize the boat i flush the engine for 30+30+30 minutes using water and 5 liter winegar in 100 liter barrel ,engine @ 1000rpm(in my case rice vinegar 6% acid).
                        I disassemble water pressure regulator first time in 1230 hours about 20 days ago...and have only little bit salt deposit...this also in the Thermostat,anodes and looking inside thermostat and anode holes all is quite clean.
                        I think this is Vinegar power.This is my personal experience.

Comment

Working...
                        X