DF20A 2014 Gradient Temp Alarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF20A 2014 Gradient Temp Alarm

My motor 2014 DF20A is throwing overheat gradient alarm. It is pull start tiller with no battery. Once running can connect SDS. Shows gradient temp alarm thrown a bunch of times. No overheat alarms.
    I have changed impeller, thermostat and temp gauge. SDS log shows temp rise to 178 then kick alarm and immediately start dropping temp. I tried running without thermostat and get same alarm.
    if I shut down and restart motor will run fine for minute or two then kick alarm again. Motor has about 70 hours on it.
    What is the gradient temp alarm saying? I don’t believe this motor has two temp sensors to compare, so is it saying that temp is increasing too fast? When checking temp with IR gun vs SDS log, IR gun shows 140ish temp on cylinder head.
    Anyine have any thoughts? I did do a vinegar rinse and didn’t get much out of it so don’t think it is a buildup issue.

Thanks for any ideas.

Bill

Gradient alarm = temp rising too quickly.

Did you do a full water ump kit or just the impeller?

If you just did the impeller, get the full kit and install that, it Includes impeller, pump plate, pump case cup/sleeve, pump plate gasket and key. The problem can be in the plate not being perfectly flat or a tiny imperfection resulting in the impeller not creating the pressure/volume that it should.

Comment

Working...
    X