Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NMEA 2000 with DUAL MOTORS and GARMIN CHARTPLOTTER

Hi,

I bought two 175 hp Suzuki outboards and had them installed on my boat. They installed a Suzuki multigauge and that works fine, but I also have a Garmin Chartplotter and I would like that to be hooked up to my motors via NMEA 2000. I hooked it up, but the Garmin only sees one motor. I talked to Garmin and they said the issue is likely that the two motors have the same "instance number" and that I need to change one of the motors so that one is "0" and one is "1". Does anyone know how to change the instance numbers on the motors?

Thanks,

Dave

Where are you located - which country?

Reason: different countries use different Suzuki colour gauges so we can't answer unless we know which one you have, which will be determined by where you are.

Comment

Did you tell the Garmin unit the number of engines to look for? You have to do that in order to see more than one. Which Garmin chartplotter do you have?
      Mike
      μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Hi,

I live in the US, in Alaska.

I have a Garmin 7612 chartplotter. I told it I had two motors.

Thanks for your help.

Dave

Comment

With both engine keys turned on, go into one of the Suzuki gauges and in the menu, find the network menu, then select the device list. You will see 2 x Suzuki devices listed, should be named as port and starboard. Open one of them.

Now you should see a screen that shows a set of details for that engine including an instance number.

Check both gauges this way and see what their instance numbers are. If they are both the same, I think you may be able to change one of them in that screen.

Comment

Thank you very much for your help. Before I saw your reply I was at my boat and I was checking the Garmin set up. It had both motors showing, but I played with it a bit and got the Garmin to recognize the other motor, so I guess the instance numbers are OK.

Thanks again, I appreciate your help.

Dave

Comment

Working...
            X