DF90 Won’t start 3 beeps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF90 Won’t start 3 beeps

Hey all - I have a DF90 2013 and was out today - whilst travelling I noticed that the outboard started running really rough - coughing and jolting - upon slowing down the outboard stalled and then produced three beeps - no warning lights appeared.
    Tried to restart but no luck and was left stranded out in the bay with two kids -
    Let sit for 5/10 mins before trying to turn it over again but wouldn’t start - and kept producing 3 beeps after each attempt.
    I emptied the water/fuel filter and then couldn’t manually pump any fuel through like it was clogged or blocked ..
    I ended up cutting the two fuel lines that pass through the water/fuel filter and joined them which the outboard started after some attempts but would still keep cutting out and shaking.
    we finally got some momentum and after about 10 minutes i was able to place into gear, however it was shaking still and running really rough and not responding to the throttle control - again after 5 minutes of this it then began to flatten out and ran like new for the last 20 minutes back to the boat ramp ..
    Any suggestions or similar occurrences ?

The beeps are a code for the fault. At the top of this forum is a sticky thread with lists of fault codes.

You might need to listen again to see if there is a sequence to the 3 beeps eg 2 beeps, pause, 1 beep then repeat etc.

Comment

One long beep then 3 quicker beeps - think it has something to do with the water separator / fuel blockage or quality

Comment

Working...
      X