Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• probem with engine flushig

Hello
    i wanded to flush my engine (DF50) with muffs, but no water came out from the peehole. After using a drum of water, i noticed that at first there was water comming from the peehole, but after a few seconds it stoped and only air was comming out of the hole. After stopping and starting the engine again, i had the same behauvior again.
    I am wondering, in case of a defect impeler there should be no water at the peehole. What could be wrong with my cooling system?

Make absolutely sure that your tell tale is clear, pop it off or the hose connecting it and blow through it with compressed air. If that doesn't fix it, look at the impeller.

Comment

Originally posted by Lunchmoney View Post
      Make absolutely sure that your tell tale is clear, pop it off or the hose connecting it and blow through it with compressed air. If that doesn't fix it, look at the impeller.
      The tell tale is clean and so are the water intakes at the lower unit. The impeller was changed last summer (2016). I am wondering about the air that comes out of the peehole.

Comment

As already stated, it's likely that there is some trash/dirt in the pee line. Blow thru with compressed air or, run a 6" length of heavy mono fishing line up the hole wholemeal the engine is running to displodge the dirt.

If that fails, check the impeller.

Comment

Originally posted by bakalisk View Post
          The tell tale is clean and so are the water intakes at the lower unit. The impeller was changed last summer (2016). I am wondering about the air that comes out of the peehole.
          Are you sure its air and not Steam.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlighter View Post
            As already stated, it's likely that there is some trash/dirt in the pee line. Blow thru with compressed air or, run a 6" length of heavy mono fishing line up the hole wholemeal the engine is running to displodge the dirt.

If that fails, check the impeller.
            Thanks, I will check the water lines. Do you mean that the cleaning process should be done with the engine running?

Originally posted by wilbur1 View Post
            Are you sure its air and not Steam.
            It's pure air! No steam. The air in comming out with a little presusre.

Comment

Are you trying to flush the engine with it off? Place the muff on the water inlet turn on the water and start the engine. You should have water coming out the pee hole in a few seconds, let it run for about 5 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by bakalisk View Post
                Thanks, I will check the water lines. Do you mean that the cleaning process should be done with the engine running?

when you use the heavy mono line, yes, with the engine running and on the muffs or in the drum of water. The water will help push the trash out when the line dislodges it.

It's pure air! No steam. The air in comming out with a little presusre.
                Make sure you have good water pressure. If using muffs, get the small, round ones, they work best.

Comment

Thanks!
                  I will give it a try next weekend

Comment

Working...
                  X