Australian MFG gauge setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Australian MFG gauge setup

Hi, I've recently become the proud owner of a DF140A with twin MFG (I'm in Aus.). Very happy with the gauges now that they are both working (my marine dealer did a very poor job of the n2K network).

Anyway, since I don't have an install/calibration guide, I'm trying to understand how to setup the fuel tank so that it will show a % remaining. I've told the MFG I've got a 150L tank. I assume that the next time I go to the petrol station, I just use the "reset" function after I fill the tank and that will then countdown from full again? What about if I just add say, 50L how do I input that to the gauge? How will the gauge behave then?

Thanks in advance. Happy to have found this excellent forum. Mat.

These gauges are very new. I haven't had the chance to have a play with one. And they are quite different to the old SMIS gauges and the new gauges used in the USA.

Did you not get an operators manual with them? It should tell you most things. I do know that the gauges won't tell you fuel remaining as a figure, only fuel used. But if you also have a separate MFD on your network you will be able to set it up to show fuel remaining as a figure.

Can I suggest that, since you don't have a lot of confidence in your dealer, that you contact Haines Suzuki Marine in Brisbane and talk it thru with one of their experts - that will get you on track straight away. Ive found them to be very helpful.

Cheers! And let us know how it works out.

Comment

thx mate. Will let you know how I get on.

Comment

Working...
      X