Buy Suzuki Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lost starboard motor C10 data- bad cable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost starboard motor C10 data- bad cable?

I have twin 2018 AP200 with 2- C10 gauges. I had my house battery go dead, then both gauges quit showing engine data. Replaced battery and now they will power up but the starboard C10 will not show info just “dashes” where info should be. The network only shows 1 motor- port engine. Can I switch the C10 plugs at the interface Cable and see if it now switches and shows a starboard motor but no port motor? I think that would confirm the cable to the starboard C10 gauge is bad? I checked all connections and they seem ok.
    thanks,
    Dave
    Last edited by Dstarok; 08-06-2020, 12:46 PM.

It makes no difference at all where the C-0’s or interface cables are plugged into the network, so there is no value whatsoever in changing them around, other than to confirm that the T piece that the starboard engine is connected to is working.

You should also check the engine harness connection to the SDS plug on the engine to make sure its plugged in firmly and no wires in the plugs there are loose, broken, damaged etc.

If you are then sure the physical connections are good, and found that the starboard interface is not showing on any device lists, then yes the cable has most likely failed. Possibly due to voltage spikes from the bad battery. Make sure you replace it with a new version 3.5.4 interface cable. When you replace the cable, you should check that the network settings are tsill correct - vessel setup set as 2 engines and 2 tanks, and then you need to configure the new cable - open the device list, select the new cable, select configure, then set its location using the dropdown menu set it to starboard.

Last step is to then run a auto select for data sources. Network menu, sources, you eill see the auto select option there. This clears out data sources related to the old interface cable and sets up them for the new cable.

Comment

Working...
    X