Rev limiter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rev limiter

Rev limiter kicks in when I first start out. Revs are limited for a while no specific time then the motor can go to higher revs. You can hear the change in the sound of the motor when I can go to higher revs.

Possibly the neutral throttle switch in the engine. May be loose or failing. But thats just one possibility, you’ve given us sooooo much info to help diagnose it we are overwhelmed. LOL!

Switch is located on the linkages on the starboard side.

This switch tells the ecu when the engine is put in gear. If the ecu doesnt get that signal, it will limit revs to about 3000rpm and restrict spark advance and fuel supply, so the engine will feel doughy and will miss and fart if you push it to try to exceed 3000rpm.

The switch is not difficult to replace, If you use the BUY SUZUKI OUTBOARD PARTS link in the blue bar near the top of this forum you can find your year and hp engine and dind the part number and cost. And see an diagram of where it fits.

Comment

Thanks I had seen where you had addressed this is in one of your earlier post, of course after I posted the question.

What do you mean I did not provide enough info, you gave a possible solution
      LOL

Comment

Changed out the switch and it works.

Comment

Working...
        X