Suzuki BCM issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki BCM issue

Experiencing issues with my Suzuki, my setup consists of single station, dual DF300 engines. I believe I had battery failure caused a spike. I turned my key to start up the engines and got an immediate warning buzzer, then watched the lights on the keypad got from on to a red then off. Down under the helm I went to check fuses and the BCM was very hot to the touch. Further diagnoses I found the Suzuki resistor burned as well as the one located on the port engine too. I ordered a new BCM, and had Suzuki dealer come over to re program. Also changed batteries and went thru the harness and electrical system.

When they attempted to program, the step to trim down the port engine, fuel pump should be heard coming on, allows them to go to next step. New BCM not seeing the engine, they were able to plu directly into the engine and it shows unable to see BCM. Engines can be started via their laptop.

They believe the BCM harness or other harness could have been shorted. So they are ordering.

Anyone have any experiences or suggestions?

Can I find/buy the software they are using and do this myself? Boat is a large catamaran sport fish, so dealer is coming to me which cause further delays.

Thanks in advance
Working...
X