DF250 misfiring intermittently

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF250 misfiring intermittently

2015 DF250, today the gauges were not registering voltage, rpm, trim, temp, Or water pressure. Replaced the engine interface 8 months ago. That info came back up on the smis gauges and within a few minutes the boat began seeming to misfire/surging a little and wouldn’t go above 4000 RPMs. I checked fuel bulb and it wasn’t firm but it had plenty of fuel in it. Started back up and it ran fine until we got where we were going. Next drive no problems. Went to another island and when we left it was the same problem with misfiring/limiting revs below 4000. If I turned the boat off and back on, it would be fine, but then started again if I stopped the boat and tried to plane again. The only constant was that the water pressure never showed up on the gauge, But i don’t check that often so it may not have been working for a while. I replaced the engine interface about 8 months ago because the gauges stopped working, but I don’t recall the issue of misfiring/surging feeling. Is there anything that would cause the engine to run like that if it was an intermittent issue? Hopefully not an ECU, but would that be covered under the 6 year warranty from 2015?

Have you checked the battery and connections? Voltage supply is very important to the ecu. Engine wont run well if it doesnt get good voltage.

may or may not be the issue but doing a thorough clean of terminals, check and clean the white wire connection, and make sure all terminals are then tightened up hard. (Hope you dont have any wing nuts on that battery....).

May also be worth checking you main battery switch, the connections behind it Etc. dont just look, undo, clean, reconnect, tighten.

If there is any doubt about the battery itself, charge it and or get it load tested.

Also, when was the last time that a thorough routine maintenance service was done - replacing filters, spark plugs etc?? A single bad plug may cause running issues too.

Comment

I checked the connections and they are tight. My accessories and white wire are on regular nuts, and are really tight. Batteries are new interstates and I have 12.4 volts at the bus according to the SMIS gauges setup screen. I am having an issue with the engine interface that comes and goes, and I just assumed it was failing like the first one did because it was the same way, but maybe I need to investigate the wire situation more and do a thorough cleaning.

maintenance was done in November/ 30 or so hours ago of running time, and I am pretty sure they checked plugs.

Comment

Working...
      X