any Updates to SMIS gauge??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any Updates to SMIS gauge??

I have a 4" Suzuki SIMS gauge from my 2007 DF300 that doesn't work any more just flashes suzuki and goes blank- Keeps repeating this cycle. Is there any way to try and repair or update firmware or is it junk?

No updates that I know of. And it's hard to know if it's repairable. I would first try a reset:
    1. Turn Unit off
    2. Press and hold the DOWN button
    3. Turn unit on (activate power to NMEA network or connect unit to operating network)
    4. Release DOWN Button after Test screen appears.
    5. Turn unit off (disconnect power to NMEA 2000 network or remove unit from network)

If that doesn't work, the only thing your owner's manual says is to take it to your local Suzuki dealer for service. So you might also try Lowrance for service, since they manufactured the unit. Lowrance.com under the Help and Support section. That's where I got the reset procedure. Your 4" gauge is the same unit as the Lowrance LMF-400.
    Mike
    μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Harper,

thanks for the info! appreciate you taking the time to post. I I did the hard reset you suggested and everything is working. I went through all the test screens Not sure why it had originally frozen on the start up but hopefully all is well now!

I originally called lowrance last year about this gauge and they acted clueless and said i needed to contact suzuki. I explained it was identical to the lmf400 and (i had previously had a LMF400 gauge on my evinrude and was sure they were the same). I do remember my origanl LMF400 being a little "finicky" and it was always a long process to get customer service support.

Comment

Working...
      X