Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• “Check gauge C” alarm on new SMG4

Hello all,

I’m installing my DF30a and new SMG4 gauge. I believe I had it wired up correctly, but as I was hiding the excess cable up under my console, I powered on the ignition (didn’t start motor, still haven’t run it yet) to see if I had damaged anything while tugging and bundling cables, and got a ‘Check Gauge C’ alarm.

I’ve checked the manual as for what it means, but all it says is ‘communication error, address per manual’ but nothing further.

Is this a physical wiring problem, or is this some sort of setup problem? I still haven’t run the motor, so there’s no RPM data or anything to go to the gauge, could this be it?

anyone with any suggestions or ideas? I really don’t want to have to take apart my wiring bundle, it was a &$@$! to tuck up under the console of a 13 whaler.

thanks!

I had this 'check gauge c', presumably short for 'check gauge communication' error, and scoured the Internet without finding an answer. I had the correct cable 3661-96L30 for the gauge 34200-96L42 for my 2019 DF50a and I'd swopped over to the digital output (grey connector) which must be done to even power the gauge up.

The answer was to change the communication protocol from CAN2 to KLINE as seen in the attached photo. I made sure the engine serial number was entered at the same time.
    SMG4 Check Gauge C error.jpg

As a point of clarification, the NMEA2K power wires coming out the back of the gauge are outputs to power the network. If you don't have one then they shouldn't be connected at all. For example, someone might try and power them if forgetting to switch from the analogue output or attempting to remove the Check Gauge C error.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Pbodsw; 07-07-2022, 06:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X