Vst removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vst removal

I took my Vst tank off a year ago to clean and did it by removing the manifold. Well I've been having problems with the high pressure fuel pump. So this time I removed it without taking the manifold off. Alot of squeezing your fingers and a 10mm box end wrench I picked up from sears. Took me 30 minutes to get it out. My motor is a 07 df115 Suzuki. Just passing it along.
    2005 Carolina Skiff DLX 2007 Suzuki DF 115 4 Stroke

Can only suggest to find a copy of the service manual that will lead you through step by step the corrrct procedure on this subject and everything else.
    I've always been good at taking things apart and fixing things but.. when it comes to expensive things like our engines we trust our lives to, I choose to take the guess work out of the equation.
    Art

Comment

i have the service manual and thats the steps I followed the first time. But when I saw you could get the vst out without removing manifold, fuel rail and everything else involved I jumped on it. I relieved the fuel pressure as the manual suggest and went from there. No guess work on this. 2 bolts hold on the high pressure filter and 3 bolts hold on the vst tank. I to am pretty good at taking things apart and putting them back together. So when it comes to procedures I can do with MY own hands I will do them. And when everything was put back together I took it to the lake and it ran like it never has. Great feeling after dealing with issues for a good while.
      2005 Carolina Skiff DLX 2007 Suzuki DF 115 4 Stroke

Comment

Working...
      X