2019 DF300 and C10 gauges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 DF300 and C10 gauges

Brand new DF300 and C10 gauges. Worked fine for first tank of fuel. Now says I am using 80.36 GPH at 3600 RPM, which then gives a radically bad reading on the actual fuel in tank. I have read many of the posts on this forum. Should I reset to factory standards and start over? Some data: Single 2019 DF300 now has 45+ hours, two redundant C10 gauges, single fuel tank, also have a SImrad NSS 12 evo3 connected.
    Attached Files

When you installed the 300, which version interface cable was used?

And what do you mean by “two redundant C-10 gauges”? Seems a very odd statement...

Comment

I didn’t install the outboard - its a brand new boat. Crevalle 24 Bay. Redundant meaning there are two C10 gauges reading the same information for one outboard.

Comment

Its really hard to diagnose stuff remotely like this... without being able to see the boat and installation.

Ive seen several weird problems recently that were totally due to the NMEA2000 network not being installed correctly- things worked for a while then went crazy.

I would first check the network backbone is set up right.

It must have a terminating resistor at each end of the line of T’s. Devices must only be plugged into the leg of the T’s, not to the top. Check that, first, better still take some photos of ot and post them back here.

If that is good, turn the key on, then in the C-10 menu, open the system or settings section, select network, then select device list and open it. You should see the Suzuki device listed there. Open it or select configure, that will open a new screen that shows the interface details, including the software version. Write down the software version and report back here with what it says the sw version is.
        Last edited by Moonlighter; 09-05-2020, 11:13 PM.

Comment

Moonlighter, I thank you for your help. Please see attached photo, I think I captured what you are asking for.
          Device: Suzuki Eng Interface
          Manufacturer: Lowrance
          SoftwareVer: 3.5.0-MZ1620-B1.0
          Model: 1.0.0
          Address: 0
          S/N: 3277
          Instance: 0
          Attached Files

Comment

Ok the backbone looks fine.

The Interface software is out of date, Im surprised that it was installed on a new boat if fitted in the last 12 months.

Tell your dealer about the issues and that you are aware of problems with the current version software on the interface cable and that you want the interface software updated to the latest version which is 3.5.4. This replaced 3.5.0 which you have, this new version fixed some problems with stability and data. Its a 10 minute job for someone who knows what they are doing.

If its a problem to get the boat to the dealer or to get them to come to your boat to do this, let me know. If you are reasonably comfortable with playing with technology I can send you a link where you can download Version 3.5.4 and save it to a USB stick and upload it via the C-10.

Comment

Moonlighter, please send me the link and instructions for me to download V 3.5.4. I very much appreciate the help

Comment

Here is a link to version 3.5.4 in my dropbox folder.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8xntlvtkou...5-04.swup?dl=0

Dont try to open the file, just download and save it to the desktop on your PC and then copy it to a blank USB stick.

You then connect it to the usb port on the back of the C-10, you might need a USB cable to allow you to do that so you have to figure that bit out yourself.

Then turn engine key on and in the C10 menu, find the files menu, locate the usb stick and open it and select the update file (has a .swup file extension) and then select upload. You should see a progress bar as it uploads the file. Be patient while it uploads.

When it finishes, exit and then open the C10 menu again, network, device list then select the Suzuki device, and select configure. This pops open a new screen and shows details as per photo in your previous post. Check to make sure the software version has now changed to version 3.5.4.

If it has, just make sure that the engine location is still set as Centre (in the dropdown) and then exit.

I would then run the auto detect for data sources just to be safe. Network menu, should see the option there. Follow the prompts.

Comment

Moonlighter = genius. Problem solved. Old reading at 3600rpm was 80.36gph. New reading at 4000rpm (I forgot to record at 3600rpm) is 10.30gph. Thanks so very much.

Comment

All good, and thanks for reporting back on the success of the fix.

Cheers, and tight lines!

Comment

Working...
                    X