Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twin 140 on an OP240

Is this enough hp for this boat

What is an OP240? Sorry, never heard of this designation. Sounds like a military name, Osprey 240... jk

Comment

Originally posted by briscoe View Post
      What is an OP240? Sorry, never heard of this designation. Sounds like a military name, Osprey 240... jk
      Indeed!

Cast Away - If you want some assistance you need to provide more and better info than that!!

Make it easy for others to help you, dont expect us to go and dig up info on whatever an OP240 is ......

Despite the lack of that info here is what I would say:

Whatever the manufacturer of the mysterious OP240 says is the max recommended horsepower for that vessel, get no less than 85% of that figure. Better still, get the max hp allowed.

I’ve never heard of anyone complain about having too much hp!!

But many go with the minimum recommended or somewhere towards the bottom end, and then arent happy. Or struggle to sell the boat later on because its perceived as underpowered.

So my personal rule is, if in doubt, go maximum horsepower!

Comment

Moonlighter
        my bad
        Hewescraft Ocean Pro 240
        great information you provided
        looking at purchasing a used boat they are rated at 250 HP and the one I’m looking at currently is equipped with twin Suzuki 140s
        everything I’ve heard is that this is a good set up
        thank you again for your help

Comment

As a Hewescraft Owner and a DF140A On it, (200SM) I think twin 140's would be awesome package. Hewescraft performance Bulletins don't show this or any twins, but a single F115 will even get one to 32 mph

But you might want to consider twin DF115's to not mess with anything (over Rated) on the Lifetime Hull Warranty. 10 years for second owner.

Make sure it has the Twin 25" Transom Option. 14 degrees DR, might have issues with 2 Motor Heights.

https://www.hewescraft.com/wp-conten...ombined-PB.pdf
          Last edited by D'oh999; 09-28-2020, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X