Where is the trim sender?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is the trim sender?

Ok---I'm new, and I've tried the search option, but couldn't find any info on this issue. I have a 2015 Suzuki 115 ATLSS. The boat came with a trim gauge, but never had anything hooked up to it. Dealer said it must not have a sender. (obviously, he didn't know where to look) So, where is the trim sender located? I'm not too lazy to check! Chances are it's there and just never was hooked up.

Should be a loose plug under the console that plugs into guage. At least mine was.

Comment

Been a while since I looked, so I crawled under the console a few minutes ago. There ARE wires connected to the gauge, but the gauge does not work. Been that way since the boat was new. Could be a connector at the engine, or a bad gauge. Where and what to check now?

Comment

Any suggestions?

Comment

It should be inside the right side of the clamp bracket beside the trim cylinders the

Comment

http://www.brownspoint.com/store/pc/...0a/02/315d.jpg looks like its on the clamp bracket

Comment

There used to be a plug in the engine (on the earlier models at least) that has to be connected to the wiring harness so the trim signal goes up to the dash. It was always hard to find - most often, tucked down near the clip that holds the cowl on, at the front of the engine. Take the cowl off, search the front of the engine down in that area.

Im not certain if it is still there on the A series engines, though.

I am quite surprised that you appear to have a Suzuki dealer who doesnt know how/where to connect this up!! I would be telling them to get onto their local Suzuki technical rep, and find out!! And, to LISTEN next time they attend Suzuki technical schools when new models are introduced.
              Last edited by Moonlighter; 03-10-2017, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Thanks catacomb. Yes, there is a sending unit, however the gauge does not work. I will try to find a wiring diagram for the Feria gauge that came on my Ranger. Could be wired wrong, could be a bad gauge, and of course, could be a bad sending unit. If you have any input on this, feel free to save me some time! Thanks again.

Comment

OR................ wrong gauge for a Suzuki! I now see that a different gauge is required for different motors. Not a one-size-fits-all-brands gauge. I love learning about things. I'll have to check the numbers on the gauge now to see if it's supposed to be for a Suzuki. My boat is a 2015 Ranger aluminum, and not a lot of Suzuki's on them. Don't think it's even an option anymore.

Comment

Working...
                  X