New boat and correct prop. ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New boat and correct prop. ?

What is every ones experience of buying a new boat and the original prop being the correct one.

Just curious how often the dealers hit the right prop out of the box?

I'm going tomorrow AM to pick up a new Tritoon with a DF200ATL. Am I concerned about the correct prop for nothing or is it common for them to miss the mark so to speak?
    2017 Avalon 2485 LSZ-QL with Suzuki DF200A

If the dealer has sold that package before they have probably figured out the right prop thru trial and error. Suzukis like to run high rpms and hit the redline. On your motor that should be around 6200 rpms. New Suzukis gain more rpms in the first 100 hours. So I wouldnt mess with props until you have 100 hours. Brake in is critical. Follow the instructions including when to go WOT. Dont be afraid to open her up.

Comment

Originally posted by barrell View Post
      If the dealer has sold that package before they have probably figured out the right prop thru trial and error. Suzukis like to run high rpms and hit the redline. On your motor that should be around 6200 rpms. New Suzukis gain more rpms in the first 100 hours. So I wouldnt mess with props until you have 100 hours. Brake in is critical. Follow the instructions including when to go WOT. Dont be afraid to open her up.
      Thank you,
      Sounds good. They have sold some of this set up before.
      2017 Avalon 2485 LSZ-QL with Suzuki DF200A

Comment

Working...
      X