Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suzuki interface problems 2008 df300

hi.
    I have some problems regarding the interface, it shows on the chart plotter, and it shows up at the smis 4" but it will not show any engine data at all.

i have a engine interface v2.9, first I used a single engine adapter connected to the active hub, but it would not show any engine data. i can see that the engine interface are present from chartplotter nmea2000 list and also on the smis bus interface list. So i connected it to the SDS contact wich in my case are located at the helm. this contact is used for diagnose and i have seen it work. but still i got no engine data.

So I downgraded the interface to version 2.5 since Ive heard that some engine prior 2011 could have som issue with version 2.9

but still it will not show any engine data at the smis or at the lowrance chartplotter.

now I am completely lost here, anyone have an idea on how to solve this?

by the way, all my nmea2000 equiptment has an adress lik nr 1,2,3 etc but the engine interface has adress 0??

Has it ever worked in the past, or is this a new network installation?

Also what other guages are you using? Just the SMIS or also using analogue gauges as well??

What about the network - is everything connected correctly? The chart plotter display, power, SMIS and interface cable must ONLY be connected to the "leg" parts of the network T's. Terminating resistors fitted on each end of the set of T's - is it all set up like that?

The more info you can give us the better. Post some photos if possible showing the location of the interface connection to the engine.
    Last edited by Moonlighter; 03-11-2017, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlighter View Post
      Has it ever worked in the past, or is this a new network installation?

Also what other guages are you using? Just the SMIS or also using analogue gauges as well??

What about the network - is everything connected correctly? The chart plotter display, power, SMIS and interface cable must ONLY be connected to the "leg" parts of the network T's. Terminating resistors fitted on each end of the set of T's - is it all set up like that?

The more info you can give us the better. Post some photos if possible showing the location of the interface connection to the engine.
      Thanks for your quick reply.

This is a new NMEA installation.

We are not using any other gauges, but they are still connected to the active hub, but not working.

It seems that everything is connected correctly, we have followed your PDF.
      The lm400 is showing sonar data, water temperature and GPS data. Witch are sent from the HDS gen3. We have also software updated LM400 and engine interface from the HDS Gen3, witch make us conclude that the NMEA2K network is communicating whit all connected devices.
      Devices are connected to the "leg" parts of the network T's.
      Terminating resistors are fitted on each end of the set of T's.

For us it looks like the engine interface is corrupted on the engine (data) side. But on the NMEA2K side it is working since we can upgrade/downgrade the software version.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Kjehus View Post
        Thanks for your quick reply.

This is a new NMEA installation.

We are not using any other gauges, but they are still connected to the active hub, but not working.

It seems that everything is connected correctly, we have followed your PDF.
        The lm400 is showing sonar data, water temperature and GPS data. Witch are sent from the HDS gen3. We have also software updated LM400 and engine interface from the HDS Gen3, witch make us conclude that the NMEA2K network is communicating whit all connected devices.
        Devices are connected to the "leg" parts of the network T's.
        Terminating resistors are fitted on each end of the set of T's.

For us it looks like the engine interface is corrupted on the engine (data) side. But on the NMEA2K side it is working since we can upgrade/downgrade the software version.
        Just for the last picture
        Attached Files

Comment

In the HDS menu, on that page in your photo, select configure. It will then show you the interface software version.

If your change to V2.5.0 worked, it should show there as V2.5.0.

So check that first. Some cables cant be changed so it might not have worked.

The only other thing I can think is that possibly the wire colours on some 2008 DF300 connections between the SDS and adapter cable may be different - so the data may not come thru the adapter cable to the interface.....?

Only 2 wires are needed on the adapter cable - the first one is easy - red to red for power. That will make the connection work.

The second wire is for data. White wire in the interface cable is data wire. Try swapping the source for the white wire to a different wire at the Engine end. Then check for data again.

Note: the system wont let you change engine hp or year, the interface auto-selects. But the fact it is defaulting to 70hp suggests that it is not picking up the engine data.

Very rarely we have seen an interface cable that is wired wrong - could be a possibility. But very uncommon.
          Last edited by Moonlighter; 03-12-2017, 08:20 PM.

Comment

In the HDS menu, on that page in your photo, select configure. It will then show you the interface software version.

The only other thing I can think is that possibly the wire colours on some 2008 DF300 connections between the SDS and adapter cable may be different - so the data may not come thru the adapter cable to the interface.....?

Only 2 wires are needed on the adapter cable - the first one is easy - red to red for power. That will make the connection work.

The second wire is for data. White wire in the interface cable is data wire. Try swapping the source for the white wire to a different wire at the Engine end. Then check for data again.

Note: the system wont let you change engine hp or year, the interface auto-selects. But the fact it is defaulting to 70hp suggests that it is not picking up the engine data.

Very rarely we have seen an interface cable that is wired wrong - could be a possibility. But very uncommon.
            Hi i am the other owner of this boat.

we have checked that the Interface Version changes when we downgrade the software, we have now upgraded to v2.9 again since we had no success With the v2.5 and we have verified that the Interface once again is v 2.9

We are not using the single engine adapter cable at the moment, the Picture from the Connection is the SDS that has been brought Ahead to the Helm. and then Connected directly to the Engine Interface.
            on the SDS side there is no red cable. it is one Orange, one yellow and one white.

i think we have to try this directly at the engine. so that we are sure that there has been no error on the sds Connection that has been brought up to the helm
            Last edited by jensbukk77; 03-13-2017, 08:03 AM. Reason: further information

Comment

Thanks for your help moonlighter, we found a broken wire for the data signal. We made a new wire and now it works

Comment

Excellent! Glad you now have it working.

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                X