2016 PF 70A PTT motor not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 PF 70A PTT motor not working

The motor is good (it ran fine when jumped). Fuses are good. Motor is in great shape with only about 55 hours. I replaced the PTT relay and the PTT motor ran for a couple of seconds as soon as I connected the battery, but is dead once again. Neither throttle or motor trim switches work. I feel it is something electrical but out of ideas. Any thoughts?

read the white wire sticky on the list above the threads
    see if the helps you
    Art

Comment

Sorry Art I have no idea what you are talking about.

Comment

Art, found it now thanks..but even the trim switch on the motor itself does not work so I am think it is not a white wire issue.

Comment

So when you turn the key to 'on' what happens?

Comment

I have tracked it down to the switch on the throttle (the PTT motor runs perfectly if I disconnect the wire harness from the throttle). Now I have to figure how to disassemble the throttle. Hmmmm Any thoughts

Comment

PTT motor is broken

Comment

Originally posted by CapnMike View Post
                I have tracked it down to the switch on the throttle (the PTT motor runs perfectly if I disconnect the wire harness from the throttle). Now I have to figure how to disassemble the throttle. Hmmmm Any thoughts
                Find the throttle model for your motor in the parts link on this forum and you will find an exploded view of it.

Comment

Thanks, I did that Moonlighter and the one shown is slightly different from mine. I have a one piece grip. It is not in two pieces (parts numbers 2 and 3) as shown below. The grip is plastic and I don't want to force it off and break it.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X