Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki Interface Cable on Tiller Steer DF40A Digital Gauge Question

Hi,

If I install a Suzuki Interface Cable on my 2016 DF40A Tiller steer and connect it to my NMEA Lowrance Live, do I lose the digital tacho/alarms/oil light etc that is on the tiller arm? The gauge in question is in the middle photo of the link below:

https://www.boatsales.com.au/editori...strokes-31004/

Cheers,

Sheb--

Not 100% sure but the simplest way to know is to check whether there is anything plugged Into the SDS plug on the engine.

That is the plug that the tech connects their laptop to. If you are going to use the engine interface, that is the plug that you need to connect it to, so if it is not already being used, then you will be fine.

Comment

Moonlighter cheers for your reply.

I found this adapter for sale but I don't want to buy it if I don't need it:
      https://chsmith.com.au/Products/Suzu...le-to-SDS.html

Comment

I checked the 4 pin plug you mentioned and it's not connected to anything, it just has a black rubber cap on it.

Comment

Yes you will need the adapter cable simply because the interface cable plug has the wrong s e x plug to connect directly.

Since the SDS plug is sitting un used in its rubber holder then you should be good to go.

Connect the adapter cable to the SDS olug, and plug the interface into the other end. The interface then connects to a T piece in the NMEA2000 network that you will need to rpcreate (buy a NMEA2000 starter kit it has all the parts required and cheaper than if bought individually).

Make sure you get the Version 3.5.4 interface cable. NOT the version 2.9.4!!

Comment

Thanks mate

Comment

Working...
            X