Buy Suzuki Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wrong interface cable sent! Can this one be reprogramed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrong interface cable sent! Can this one be reprogramed?

Hi,
    following great advise on this forum, mainly from Moonlighter, I have acquired what I thought were all the bits needed for my Suzuki gauge install, but have come up with a issue!
    Bought all the bits over the last few months, and now the boat is back off the water, I've started looking at the install-but have come to a grinding halt!
    I have bought a new Suzuki C-10 gauge, a N2K starter setup and a Suzuki interface cable-great!
    I don't know how, but I have the 3.5 version of the interface cable, NOT the V2.9!-Engine is a 2009 DF150.
    Can I reprogram the V3.5, or do I need to buy the V2.9?
    Also, the interface cable is way too short to run from engine to dash--What do I need to get to extend?
    Thanks again!

Yes, you can flash the 3.5 cable to change it to 2.9.

Unfortunately Version 2.9.4, which is the one you need, is the only software file that I dont have a copy of. So, unless someone else on this forum has a copy of it and can email it to you, you might have to contact NAVICO support and ask them if they can send you a copy.

Once you have it, its simple to upload it to the interface via the C-10 or via a Lowrance or Simrad display that is also attached to the same network. You just save the file to a usb (for the C10) or micro SD card less than 32gb for Simrad and Lowrance displays. Then inset the usb/sd card to the unit, go into the menu, find the files section, locate the usb/sd card, highlight the file and select upload and wait while it loads.

Regarding the length of the interface cable, since you are going to use the C10, I will assume you are replacing your analogue gauges? If so, you will not need to run the interface cable to the engine, you will instead, connect it to the gauge harness behind the dash, and then change the harness connection under the cowl from where it is now to the SDS plug instead.

Comment

Thanks again Moonlighter. I will try and contact Navico!
      Im going to keep my analogue gauges and if and when I ever sell the boat, I am going to replace the Suzuki C-10 with a analogue speedo gauge which I have, so I need a extension cable.
      are these available? Im assuming I just need a SDS male to SDS female extension?

Comment

You can buy the SDS adapter cable To enable you to connect the interface to the SDS plug on the engine, which ypu need to do if keeping anaolgue gauges.

This is the part

https://www.brownspoint.com/store/pc...S-38p63581.htm

What I suggest is buy the adapter cable then cut it in half and solder in an extension of suitable length to reach behind the console where you then connect the interface.

Here in Australia Suzuki sold adapter cables 6m long for this exact reason. Dont know why they do not do the same thing in the US.

Comment

Right Moonlighter- have managed to contact Navico support in the US, who sent my request to Navico in the UK, who in turn contacted a friend in Suzuki who thought he might have the old file and it turns out he did, and they have sent it to me as a link. Absolutely brilliant customer service! Can't fault them!!
          If you pm me your email, I will send it over for you to have a copy to share!

Comment

Originally posted by Scarab View Post
            Right Moonlighter- have managed to contact Navico support in the US, who sent my request to Navico in the UK, who in turn contacted a friend in Suzuki who thought he might have the old file and it turns out he did, and they have sent it to me as a link. Absolutely brilliant customer service! Can't fault them!!
            If you pm me your email, I will send it over for you to have a copy to share!
            Excellent!

PM sent. Let me know if you dont see it.

Comment

Working...
            X