28 ft Hydra-Sports w/DF250

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 28 ft Hydra-Sports w/DF250

I was wondering if anyone had a 28 ft Hydra-Sports Vector CC with the twin DF250 setup that could tell me what props they're running, and what speeds/rpm they're seeing.
    I bought a 2000 with 2007 outboards and it has Power-Tech LFS4 19 pitch / 16 inch diam 4 blade props. The boat is slow. Top speed is 38 knots/44mph before hitting over-rev. Cruises at 4500 rpms 31 knots. When boat was new it came with Evinrude Fichts 225s and tests/reviews had it in low 50-53 mph top speed.

The local Suzuki dealers have no spare props to try out. One even said they don't know anything about 4 blade props. Local prop shop doesn't sell Suzuki props either. So, I'd hate to just buy a prop and have it be wrong and not be able to return it.

Thanks for any help.

I run a 95 model 26" Century CC. I know its not exactly the same, but maybe will give you an idea. FUll load of 150gallons, ice, bait, and 4 men I hit the rev limiter when trimmed fully with 16x21 3 blade props and run 57 to 59 MPH. WIth the same load and 16X23 props I run 5900 fully trimmed and 63 to 65 MPH with a few 67s thrown in. I would imagine Suzuki 16x21s 3 blades with get you in the ball park. You might also want to Kens prop section at

http://www.bandofboaters.com/forum/t...mance-handling

He is a prop guru and can get you setup.

Comment

Thanks for responding. I got with Ken and he gave me a few options.
      Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X