DF 140 digital gauge issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF 140 digital gauge issue

I am having some type of communication issue from motor to digital gauges. Last year I had a Suzuki service center try to diagnose my gauge problem. They replaced the engine interface however that did not fix the problem. After reading on this forum I disconnected and reconnected the NMEA connections and everything started to work. Now I am once again not getting correct info to gauges. Have tried reconnecting again but to no success there this time. . The voltage, hour meter, rpm and fuel usage displays are all incorrect. However what is puzzling is that when in "system setup" under "NMEA info" the voltage appears correctly. Where could the bad connection be? BTW, I already cleaned battery terminals and engine runs perfectly when it does not go into safe mode. Killing engine and recranking solves safe mode problem though i suspect both these problems are related. I am just worried if I have a overheating or low oil pressure problem I would not be made aware of it. Thanks for any suggestion anyone may have.
    Attached Files

Very difficult to resolve problems like this remotely......

Anyway, my first thought based on what you have described, would be a bad T piece in the network. If you can get hold of new T pieces (perhaps your dealer might help out) try swapping them out.

Comment

OK I will try switching them out.

Comment

Working...
      X