2015 115ATLSS Network Adapter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 115ATLSS Network Adapter

The color coding in the pdf isn't the same as what is on my Suzuki. Just wanting to make sure I hook it all up right. Making my own adapter per the instructions. Here's what I have: (yes, four wires)

[IMG][/IMG]

Sorry, i dont know. But in the adapter cable you will only need 2 wires connected to the SdS port: power, and data.

If you have a test light you will be able to find which one is the power wire very easily. The other wire for data you should be able to find thru trial and error.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlighter View Post
      Sorry, i dont know. But in the adapter cable you will only need 2 wires connected to the SdS port: power, and data.

If you have a test light you will be able to find which one is the power wire very easily. The other wire for data you should be able to find thru trial and error.
      So....when I find which is data and which is power on the motor end, which color wires do they attach to on the other end? Is one of the wires for the trim gauge?

Comment

White on the interface cable is data.

Black on the interface is negative/earth. (Not really required to be connectd but you can.)

Red on interface end is power +

I would suspect that data might be the yellow or orange on your SDS plug, and 12v positive will be the other one. A test light will quickly show you.

Comment

Hello

Colours are

Black +12V
          Black/green? stripe=ground/0V
          Orange with stripe = data.

Another picture(unfortunately finnish) is an adapter cable
          between engine and nmea adapter.
          It is from back( wire side) so it is a mirror of your picture.

Takaa moottoriin = back side to engine
          Takaa adapteriin = back side to adapter
          Urosliittimet = Connector with male pins

Cheers

Mr MacGyver
          Attached Files
          Last edited by mackaiveri; 03-23-2017, 06:21 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the help. If it rains the next few days like the forecast says, I might have time to finish up that project.

Comment

"IF" I were to make the wrong connections, will it damage anything, or will it just not work properly?

Also, the wire designated as 12v+ is purple, not black. Still the +?

Comment

Originally posted by fullcredit View Post
                "IF" I were to make the wrong connections, will it damage anything, or will it just not work properly?

Also, the wire designated as 12v+ is purple, not black. Still the +?
                Test it with multimeter or tester. Get the 12v + right first. Engine key turned on will enliven it.

In my experience the data wire can then be found safely by trial and error if it comes to that. If the wrong wire is selected, you will simply not get any data. When it is right, you iwll get data.

Comment

I would use the multimeter test to confirm power and ground as stated above. However, here are the coded wire meanings, and their functions I pulled from the DF100A, 115A, & 140A service manual.

Y : Yellow - PC Communication line B
                  O/Y : Orange /Yellow (O wire with a Y stripe) - PC Communication Line A
                  B : Black - Ground for power
                  B/Bl : Black /Blue ( B wire with a Bl stripe) - Power source No.2 for ECM
                  Henry

Comment

I just went thru this on my 2016 DF90A, colours are

Black=ground/0V ------>Black
                    Black/green? stripe=+12V-------> Red
                    Orange with stripe = not used
                    Yellow=data-------> white

Comment

Working...
                    X