Df300 wiring harness ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Df300 wiring harness ?

I have a 2008 Df300 , I have 485 hours on it , I love this engine have had no major problems until now , have always done the regular maintaince schedule on it.
    Well here is what happen , ran fine all day then the next day i started it in the boat stall ran for about 12 to 15 seconds and died , tried to start it again but couldn't because it threw all kind of fault codes , I got rid of the others codes the only one I couldn't was the 4-2 , so I ordered a new one CKP sensor and replaced it . same thing ,fault code 4-2 still exist . And engine will not try to start.
    So I took it to the dealer , he got the motor started but it was still throwing the 4-2 code , he said in the last year , motors ranging from 2007-2016 models df300 only that he has worked on 4 of them came in and doing the same thing , that engine wiring harness had to be replaced .
    Just trying to see if y'all have some input or advice to check anything else . As I find it hard believe it's time to replace the wiring harness , but I could be wrong
    Any help greatly appreciated
    Thanks

A number of sensors operate from 5 volts that are provided by the ECU. Check the 5 volt reference wire to any of sensors. If the 5 volts is compromised then all sorts of error codes can be set. If the sensor gets crap information (not 5 volts) it then sends crap information to the ECU. Crap in = crap out. The ECU only knows that it is getting crap and does not know why. A fault code may be set.

Comment

Working...
    X