2016 F200AP won't start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 F200AP won't start

I have twin 200's my starboard motor won't start. Nothing happens when I push the start button
    I have the following codes 3-3 and 4-2
    I checked the fuses under the cowl and they are good, there is a starter relay that I was unable to check, I am going to swap that with the other motor
    There was 14v to the motor and all the battery connections are clean and tight.
    I have another few months of warranty on the motors but I was hoping to fix this myself. I would have to trailer the boat and the dealer is 1 hr away. We only have about 3 more weeks of fishing so bringing it to the dealer would probably kill the rest of my season.

I have the service manual for the motors. They only have 200 hours on them. I have had trouble with this motor before, it would not shift. It was fixed under warranty, I think they replaced the shift actuator and the shift position sensor.

Any help would be appreciated.

Well, to start, surely your neutral safety switch needs adjustment (3-3 code). That alone would kill any ability to crank.
    Mike
    μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

The other question might be- is all the rest of electronics working and how about the tilt and trim from the throttle control lever?

Comment

I just came back from the boat, it is fly by wire so i tweaked the shift linkage under the cowl on the motor back and forth and it started right up. Must not have been exactly in neutral. I sprayed all the linkage with corrosion X. I am pulling the boat for the season in a few weeks, I will have to pull the lower cowl off and see what is going on down there.

Thanks for the help guys.

Comment

Working...
        X