Fuel/Water returning to Silencer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel/Water returning to Silencer

I have a DF140 32003 that has been sputtering. I replaced the injectors with remans, changed fuel/water separator and low pressure fuel filter on the engine. I cleaned the IAC.

At idle drops of gas seemed to be returning to the silencer from the hose that leads back to the spark plug jacket area. Not sure what that hose does but when the engine heated up, a mixture of gas and I think water came pouring through that same return hose. I had it disconnected from the silencer so I could monitor but it seemed like it was water pressure from the pump.

Strangely, it was running great at the time!

Is it over for this old dog or is there something to be repaired? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Update...Oil pan full of fuel too!

Comment

Ok..so I live in brackash water and thought it was water mixing with fuel, but it fuel mixing with oil. I have been reading about the VST needle valve and float being a possible issue.

Any ideas?

Comment

Image (25).jpg
        I don't have time to talk about it now but look at this attachment. It's the fuel rail, that has cooling water that runs through it. Talk more tomorrow. I'm fishing am, it's bed time.....

Comment

I am anxious to hear your thoughts. Hope you caught fish!

Comment

Soo Shallow, we did catch and that's what we live for (even if thy're under sized throw backs). I was hoping you had time looking at these hoses to identify which ones you had issue with. The only thing I saw that could mix with water is the fuel rail. The jacket is water cooled (into the bottom and out the top, 6 or 7 mm water hose). Fuel does the same in the bottom and out the top then returns to the high pressure filter and back to VST.

There is another drawing that identifies some of the other hoses on that starboard side of motor. I'll try and get it on here, too. Can you identify the suspect hose that had oil and gas. Is ithe lower pressure ful pump on the back of the engine? (that has a drawing I will get on here tomorrow evening.

Comment

Fuelandwater_hose_routing.jpeg Soo Shallow I've attached two more pages. I still don't understand which hose you are describing as one that returning to silencer. Maybe others understand.

Comment

One more page attached Wire_hose_routing.jpeg

Comment

The only thing I have ever heard that can fill up crank case with fuel is issues with the VST. Have you tried to do a search on fuel getting in crank case? They keep some really valuable stuff on this site.

Comment

Working...
                  X