Assigning engines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assigning engines

Installed a pair of 08 Df300s. I assigned the motors using the SMIS 4" gauges. Is it necessary to assign each motor via the ECU too? or is it only done on the SMIS gauges? Is there a diagnostic software available to do this?

What are you trying to do?

Or having some problems?

Comment

Thanks for the reply. These motors came off of a dual station triple motor setup. I bought two of the DF 300 motors with controls. I'm using a single station configuration. I've connected fall cables as well as CAN devices to the backbone. The problem is when I turn the key on and press the start button for either motor nothing happens (Both trim buttons work). Neither motor will turn over. I've used the SMIS gauge display to set the engines but Im not sure that is all that is required. Do I need the SDS tool to get into the BCM and indicate which engine is located where and that I only have one station ?

Comment

Setting up the NMEA2000 network and configuring BCM’s are two totally unrelated and different things.

Yes you will need SDS to set the BCM arrangements up correctly. Not done that so cant help.

And AFTER that, then the network needs to be configured using the SMIS gauges. What that means is doing the initial vessel setup as 2 engines/2 tanks or whatever you have, and setting the total fuel capacity. Then, opening the network device list, selecting each engine and assigning its location as port and starboard, and naming them accordingly.

Then the gauges themselves need to be set to show data from the relevant engines. So one gauge can be set to show port engine and the other starboard etc.

Comment

Ok thanks. I understand the NMEA2000 side well (work on CAN networks for a living). Just wasn't sure about the BCM. Ordering diag kit to perform. Thanks for the help

Comment

Working...
          X