DT200 flywheel confusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT200 flywheel confusion

I own a 1998 DT200 that managed to shed a flywheel magnet and shred the stator...magical moment after 4 hours of flawless running on the water the moment i turned the key to run it on the muffs at home all hell broke loose...poop happens....life is short...

i went online looking for a flywheel and stator and was pleased to find a few listed...i found an identical stator and got a great price on it with a gear counting and timing sensors....the flywheel is another story altogether...

the flywhell called for is a 32101-92E11 per browns point...the flywheel has multiple exposed magnets on the interior diameter....

all of the flywheels i am seeing online for this and other compatible engines have a stainless ring of steel inboard of the magnets ( i love this design)...but center hub diameter (inside and outside) are approximately 3/8" smaller than the exposed magnet fllywheel and they wouldnt fit over the staot even without the internal ring....in a nutshell they are different flywheels in the center opening area but identical at the ring gear...i ordered one thinking it would be right and this is when i found the differenc ein center diameter...

every dimension is identical except the ring where the magenets ride...the flywheels i am seeing online are smaller than the original and the stator will not fit inside them....i also noticed the raised portion on the outside diameter of the magnet opening is 180* from where the original flywheel hump is....

what am i missing and where do i fond the right flywheel for this engine without having to buy new at $1k?....i have cross referenced the part numbers and similar year dt 150 -200 engine flywheels should be the same....
    pics are of my damaged flywheel and an example of the one i purchased and others i am finding that are supposed to be compatible....
    Attached Files
Working...
X