Buy Suzuki Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Engine to boat transom/transom lift bolt questions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine to boat transom/transom lift bolt questions!

Hi- Im going to remove my engine from the boat transom and fit a Vance manual transom jack plate-to lift the engine a bit, set it back 4 inches and also to get clearance for the hydraulic steering system so I can trim engine up further to get it out of the water when not in use.

1-Are stainless steel nuts and bolts ok to secure engine to Jack plate? Stainless is weaker than high tensile steel bolts.
    2-Suzuki say NOT to use their nuts again after 1 use -Am I ok to undo them, and use the Suzuki Nuts and bolts that secured engine to boat to secure the Vance transom lift to the boat?
    3- What are the largest diameter bolts the Suzuki engine bracket can take? (Bracket hole diameter) Im not sure wether to go with M12 or if M14 will fit through the holes on the Suzuki outboard! -im not near the engine to measure!
    I might be over thinking this thing-but any advise appreciated!
    Thanks

Not sure your engine size. I have a DF140 and they are M14. I think the reason they say not reuse the nuts is because they are a type of nylock.

Comment

Originally posted by briscoe View Post
      Not sure your engine size. I have a DF140 and they are M14. I think the reason they say not reuse the nuts is because they are a type of nylock.
      Thanks briscoe! Sorry should have obviously stated engine size! its a 2009 Suzuki DF150 4 stroke.

Comment

Working...
      X