Low Can Bus Voltage-DF300

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low Can Bus Voltage-DF300

I have a suzuki Df300 that had an old simrad go7 hooked up to nema network. Changed the simrad out to a new garmin unit and hooked up nema cable to the garmin. Now I get low can bus voltage on the c10 guage and dashes on the c10 display. I have 2 new 1000cca batteries and 12.4 volts at bus bar and on Garmin unit. White wire is fine and all connections look fine. Only thing I notice is the wires seem to get a little warm. Any thoughts on the problem. Anyone in st Petersburg, fl area to fix?

I take it that everything was working correctly before the change from GO7 to Garmin??

Which wires are getting warm? Are the network and Garmin power connected together or separately?

Re the C-10 missing data, first I would reset network data sources. Whenever a device is changed on the network (eg remove GO7 and add Garmin) network data sources need to be reset so all devices know where to look to find the data.

Here is how: Turn all networked devices on, engine keys on. Menu/system/network/sources, the pick the option to auto select. Follow the prompts to complete. This should restore the C-10 data. This procedure is safe to do and can fix many “missing data” issues. But you MUST make sure that all networked devices are turned on when you execute this procedure, because devices are only recognised by the network when they are powered on.

If it doesnt, there may be a problem with the engine interface. Turn engine key to on. Then go into the C10 network menu again, open the device list. The Suzuki should be listed there. Is it listed?

If it is listed, try disconnecting the Garmin from the network - just unplug it from its T. Then see how everything else works.
    Last edited by Moonlighter; 12-28-2020, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Yes, everything was working correct with the Garmins.

the wiring harness to the engine and the network wires were getting warm.

Thank you for the information. I will try this and see what happens.

Appreciate you taking the time to respond to this post.

Comment

sorry i made a mistake, i meant everything was working with the Simrads. not working with the Garmins now.

Comment

Working...
        X