2003 df 70 rough idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 df 70 rough idle

running on the hose at home my engine runs rough but after acceleration seems to run o.k. It did backfire the last time I increase throttle. Any ideas what"s causing the backfire.I work on my own engines as I have twin motors but have never had a backfire so was hoping for any ideas were to start.The motors have about 1150 hr. They were timed and valves adjusted at 925 hrs. when I did complete head jobs on both motors due to water intrusion.The good thing with twin motors is I can swap parts to test .Any ideas would greatly appreciated.I will be checking plugs etc. tommorrow

The plugs are the easiest to change: if that doesn't help then would suggest to check your timing again.
    Have you checked the IAC valve?
    Those would be the first things I would look into

Comment

found the problem and it"s bigger than I was hoping for..When I was changing the plugs I noticed water on the bottom plug. I pulled the exhaust manifold and found water in the bottom chamber. I am assuming the head gasket is leaking again due to corrosion. Any other ideas before I start tearing it apart.

Comment

Working...
      X